Salt Lake Marching and Chowder Club

Salt Lake Marching and Chowder Club                                                            Minutes 6/29/2016

Minutes recorded and prepared by Fred Lorenz

Attendees:



John Shannon, SLCMCC President

 

Fred Lorenz, SLCMCC Secretary/Treasurer

Lauren Smith, SLCMCC Assistant Secretary

Gloria Red Bear, Community Voice editor

Lydell Dennison, road home resident

Richard Sander, road home resident

Kristina Eckley, road home resident

Leeroy Taito, road home resident

Bernie Hart, SLCMCC Member

 

Andy Cier, SLCMCC Member



Carlos Mateo, road home resident

 

Nikki, road home resident

 

Xander, road home resident

 

 


6/22/2016 Minutes read by Frederick Lorenz

Minutes accepted as read

Treasurer’s report - $17.00.

RGHC report:

John, Lauren and Fred met with Josh Scharman and Andrew Obald on 29 June 2016 at Police Headquarters.  They presented the results of the meeting with the rest of the group, which generated a great deal of discussion.  The need to educate homeless people to report crimes was mentioned and RGHC will take this issue up in their next meeting.  The group briefly discussed renaming the Narcotics Anonymous group and Lydell and Richard solicited feedback from the group.  Leeroy brought up the topic of the lu’au.  He wishes to hold it at the end of July (although at least one member is trying to persuade him to hold it sooner due to the need to recruit more members into the RGHC club).  Gloria brought up the topic of starting a business (deli and arts and crafts store).  This interested several group members and will be discussed in further detail later (along with the idea of getting small business training).  Also to be discussed at a future date is Brigit’s desire to hold classes for homeless (from Tuesday’s meeting).  Carlos brought up SLCC’s Promise Program; further education for homeless should be discussed later and articles for The Community Voice should be written to educate our fellow homeless brothers and sisters about the opportunities available and to encourage them to seek those opportunities out.

Action items:



Fred is to contact Barbara Taylor about getting the $17 treasury funds back.  He will hopefully have some news before the next meeting (6 July 2016).

 

Fred and Carlos will meet with new social workers at their store front office on 29 June 2016

-           Done.



Fred will attend HOST meeting between homeless and police on Thursday, 30 June at 1300.  These meetings with be each Tuesday and Thursday at 1300.

 

Fred and Leeroy (and possibly SLCMCC) will pay for the lu’au.  Leeroy will have the cost breakdown by next meeting (6 July 2016).

 

Gloria will create flyer for lu’au and Leeroy will create the banner.  This will be done by 17 July 2016.

 

Fred and Carlos will work on an RGHC website.  The time of completion is to be determined.

 

Carlos is going to try to schedule a meeting to talk with James Wolf from the Road Home before the next meeting (6 July 2016)

 

Andy to begin building a repertoire of podcasts
-           Happening now. Andy will talk with Xander about his life story.

John, Lauren and Fred to speak to Camille Winnie about Clean Team jobs
-           Meeting is 7/5/2016 at Tuscan Brio Grille at noon

                          

No new agenda items: